Thursday, July 30, 2009
Muslimfest Writers Expo
I am writing this post early because I will be flying out to Toronto in the morning. I will be participating in the Writers Expo at Muslimfest 2009 in Mississauga this Saturday, August 1, from noon until 7:00 pm. I am hoping to gain some exposure for my book among the Greater Toronto area Muslim community, as well as generate some traffic for this blog. I invite you to write a review of the book, make a comment about some issue raised in the book, or ask a question about the Qur'an. You can get a copy of Reading the Qur'an in English directly from the publisher (Cape Breton University Press), or from any of the well-known internet bookstores (Chapters, Amazon, Barnes and Noble).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice meeting you at Muslim Fest.
ReplyDeleteI'm truly impressed by this contribution towards understanding the Quran and have already shared your book info with students and colleagues.
The Writers Expo was a good start for bigger things hopefully.
The issue of spoken English being the medium of the translation is always a challenge while not sacrificing the true import of the text let alone the context. More important though is to understand the topic or story hinted in the surahs as they can be complex and multiple referencing unlike an everyday text book. So this is an importnat asset to our teachers' library.
EASY READING YET PROFOUND KNOWLEDGE!
habeeballi.blogspot.com